Let’s start your bok choi and your onions in their 5×5. We will be observing these plants as they grow to see if we can detect any differences. Because we will be transplanting these into you grow bag we will be doing this a little differently than microgreens.
To plant these greens, follow the steps below. Take your time and read each step carefully.
You will need
- 2 – 5×5 microgreen trays
- Coco coir (from the block you rehydrated)
- 1020 Tray
- 2 – 5×5 humidity domes
- 1/2 teaspoon bok choi seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion seeds
- Spray bottle
Now lets get started
- Place the 5×5 tray inside the solid bottom 1020 tray. Fill the 5 x 5 tray with 2 inches of coco coir. The tray is 2.5 inches tall.
- Use an empty 5×5 tray to press the surface of the coco coir flat.
- Spray the coco coir to moisten it. Be careful, don’t add too much water. If puddles are forming, you’ve added too much.
- Scatter 1/2 teaspoons (7.5 grams) of seeds in each of the trays.
- Spray the seeds with water.
- Cover the seeds with 1/2 an inch of coco coir. press it down gently and spray again.
- To keep the coco coir evenly moist while the seeds germinate, place the 5×5 humidity domes on top of the trays.
- Leave your trays to germinate. This experiment will have the lights off for the first two days.
Draw a picture about what your experiment looks like to begin. This will be the start of your scientific observations. Be sure to label your picture with the date and time you are creating it.