In your science journal, starting at the back page, record your vocabulary terms for this week in your glossary.
- Experiment: using the scientific method to collect and analyze data for the purpose of identifying cause and effect relationships and supporting or rejecting a hypothesis.
- Hypothesis: prediction written with a cause and effect format: If (I do this), then (this) will happen.
- Investigation: the gathering of information to do an experiment; the collection of data for information that does not require a hypothesis or prediction.
- pH: potential of hydrogen; a scale of measurement used to describe how acidic or basic a substance is based on the concentration of hydrogen.
- Question: an ‘ask’ based on observations that you want to answer.
- Research: collecting of information about a particular subject.